(VIC) FS : Wild Country QUASAR tent INNER & POLES

Once an item is sold, found or thread is no longer needed we move it here. These maybe helpful for historic reasons.

(VIC) FS : Wild Country QUASAR tent INNER & POLES

Postby sambar358 » Mon 05 Aug, 2013 2:25 pm

I haven't used this tent for a few years and got it out of the bag the other day and the flysheet has gone all sticky and seems to have de-laminated. Looks like it's had it.....but the inner is fine but not much good to me as I've been using the Quasar mostly as a winter tent above the snowline. So......I'll offer the inner and 4 poles for sale in case someone has a damaged/worn-out inner tent and needs a replacment. The inner is clean and in good nick....all zips are there and work, no holes or damage, tub floor is in good condition without any holes etc....all 4 poles and connecting bungees are good and damage-free. The inner tent is all-fabric for good warmth, entries at both ends and the doors are mesh with a zip-over fabric cover.

For sale is just the inner tent and the 4 alloy poles.....no fly, no pegs and no peg or pole bags. See pics below......and one of the tent in better times before the fly issue. Asking $75 plus what-ever postage costs apply. PM me if interested. Cheers

sambar358

sambar358
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Re: (VIC) FS : Wild Country QUASAR tent INNER & POLES

Postby icefest » Mon 05 Aug, 2013 4:57 pm

Hey,
Do you still have the fly?
Do you think that it could be resealed, or has the fly lost it's integrity.
Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful.
icefest
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby sambar358 » Mon 05 Aug, 2013 5:45 pm

Icefest.....yes, I still have the fly and the stickyness seems to be on the underside only and there is some visible breaking-down of the coating evident across around 50% of it. When I removed the tent for the stuff sack it took me a while to get all the sticky bits to release so I could lay it out and see what had happened to it. It could be retrievable I guess as the actual fabric seems to be still strong. I'm quite happy to throw the flysheet in with the deal if anyone wants to see if it can be bought back to it's original condition.

Bit annoying really as after my last use of the tent I had to send it to Remote Equipment Repairs in Melb to have a large tear in one of the doors repaired after a branch fell thru it.....cost me about $140 for the repair and I haven't used the tent since ! Cheers

sambar358
sambar358
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Strider » Mon 05 Aug, 2013 8:58 pm

Have a look at Kanagra-Boyd's recent thread on resealing a delaminating PU fly.
Strider
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby icefest » Mon 05 Aug, 2013 9:17 pm

Strider wrote:Have a look at Kanagra-Boyd's recent thread on resealing a delaminating PU fly.

That's what I was thinking :p
Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful.
icefest
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby sambar358 » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 8:11 am

This is NO LONGER FOR SALE as I have purchased a lightly-used replacement flysheet for the tent on Ebay.UK so I'll be able to get the Quasar back into the bush once it gets here. Didn't really consider looking on Ebay for one but there were several for sale....got this one for 50 GBP's including an unused genuine pole-set so can't complain there. Terra Nova UK had new Quasar replacement flyheets available as well....but for 285 GBP plus post ! Thanks for you interested though. Cheers

S358
sambar358
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Sold Claimed Closed and Expired