northern bushwalking clubs

Bushwalking topics that are not location specific.
Forum rules
The place for bushwalking topics that are not location specific.

northern bushwalking clubs

Postby shanehugh » Thu 07 Jun, 2007 5:15 pm

Hello everyone,

been lurking in the shadows for a couple of days now just reading earlier posts. I was wondering if anyone has any info regarding bushwalking clubs in the launceston area that have fly fishers amongst them.
Just not sure if I should join a fly fishing club and hope for members that do some of the more remote waters, or go for the bushwalking club and hope they dont drag me screaming by the hair away from the lakes.
Any info would be great.
shanehugh
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Pompom » Thu 07 Jun, 2007 10:05 pm

Hi Shanehugh, I'm a flyfisher and used to get about the top lakes a lot,but being a solo [mostly] angler I didn't go in with many others. I feel that you would be better off joining a flyfishing club as opposed to a bushwalking club, as many of them do travel into the far lakes in mostly small groups. If you join some fishing forums I reckon that you'll find someone with similar interests.
Flylife online and sportsfishtasmania.com are both good local forums.
Cheers
Bob Cooper
Pompom

Postby Son of a Beach » Fri 08 Jun, 2007 11:46 am

Hi Shane... welcome to the forums!

I'm not a fly fisherman at all, however I can recommend to you the Flylife Forum for this sort of information (if you're not a member there already).

This bushwalking forum was originally started up because the only source of information for a bushwalk to a place I'd never heard of before was gained from a friend using the Flylife forum. I thought I really should have been able to find such information from a bushwalking forum, but there didn't appear to be any such thing around at that time.

So in the absence of this bushwalking forum, the Flylife Forum was (at least in that case) the best internet source of bushwalking discussion around.

As it turns out, this resulted in some cross-linking between that forum and this one, when this forum was first started. As a result, there are quite a lot of fly fisherman signed up here (more than half the current membership, it seems).
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)
Region: Tasmania

Return to Bushwalking Discussion