Bushwalking topics that are not location specific.

Forum rules

The place for bushwalking topics that are not location specific.
Post a reply

Should you have a quick look before your start up the D9??

Mon 17 Oct, 2022 7:02 am

r2.jpg
r1.jpg

Re: Should you have a quick look before your start up the D9

Mon 17 Oct, 2022 9:10 am

Do you know if the walk itself is blocked, or just the carpark?

Mon 17 Oct, 2022 10:12 am

Hi Craig,

Its just the carpark which is closed. Plenty of car spaces available along Redman Rd.

Mon 17 Oct, 2022 10:22 am

I wonder what they missed given it's pretty new and presumably was assessed before the works?

Mon 17 Oct, 2022 1:13 pm

The sign suggests they discovered something after works had commenced, which isn't a good look. This sort of sign has been seen in several places in the Great Otway National Park above Lorne too.

I would be surprised if anybody can get within cooee of Redman Road after last weeks biblical deluge and the next one bearing down on us. :shock:

Mon 17 Oct, 2022 1:46 pm

The whole of Redman Rd is still in pretty good nick. Mt William had 62mm last Thurs and 20mm on the Friday. Redman Rd floodways only had about 15cm of water over them.

I'm wondering if its possible the endangered species decided to move in after it was opened up? The carpark has been open for 12 months.

Mon 17 Oct, 2022 2:15 pm

Bill P wrote:I'm wondering if its possible the endangered species decided to move in after it was opened up? The carpark has been open for 12 months.

I didn't think of that but now you say it it seems the most likely scenario.

Mon 17 Oct, 2022 2:19 pm

Bill P wrote:The whole of Redman Rd is still in pretty good nick. Mt William had 62mm last Thurs and 20mm on the Friday. Redman Rd floodways only had about 15cm of water over them.

I'm wondering if its possible the endangered species decided to move in after it was opened up? The carpark has been open for 12 months.

Interesting, a drenching sure, but not a lot of rain. The Grampians didn't get the deluge that we did north of the Divide with the Loddon lapping its dirty tidings 100m from our front door.

And what are those 'endangered species' being spoken of??

Mon 17 Oct, 2022 2:56 pm

"in the interests of visitor safety" ... so this native species is dangerous to humans? Ummm ...

Mon 17 Oct, 2022 3:23 pm

Drop bears.

Mon 17 Oct, 2022 8:10 pm

Bill P wrote:I'm wondering if its possible the endangered species decided to move in after it was opened up? The carpark has been open for 12 months.

In that case, the species obviously thrives in the presence of cars, and the car-park can remain open!
Post a reply