Wet Feet

Bushwalking topics that are not location specific.
Forum rules
The place for bushwalking topics that are not location specific.

Wet Feet

Postby kantonysen » Sun 01 Apr, 2007 9:19 am

When I began bushalking in the 60's while still at school I equated bush walking to having wet feet. Yesterday I went to Blue Peaks Lakes and had wet feet for the first time in ages. There is so much duck board now and built up tracks in busy areas such as Cradle Mountain. I think boot design is far better than it used to be, but it's been so an incredibly dry season too. My boots are Rossi's and not gortex lined or anything.

Saw more people yesterday than pretty well all fishing season combined in the Chudleigh Lake area; with a party of 15, and another party of 4.

I felt that the track was more indistinct than when I've been in before as each hollow was filled with water. Even going out few foot prints were discernable. It would still would have been difficult to follow the route in fog despite the number of people who had walked in.

I took in my new GPS and found that it worked a treat to map the route for future reference.
kantonysen
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Joe » Thu 05 Apr, 2007 11:47 am

Semi OT...but....Perhaps this website should have an area where you can upload track files for other members to look at. Other forums ive been a member of have done this and its always a really handy feature. Im pretty sure PHPBB has a plugin for file upload that is pretty nicely configurable...
Joe
in vino veritas
in vino veritas

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Stoney Creek Outdoor Equipment.
Region: Tasmania

Return to Bushwalking Discussion