Bushwalk Australia Magazine October 2019

Bushwalking topics that are not location specific.
Forum rules
The place for bushwalking topics that are not location specific.

Bushwalk Australia Magazine October 2019

Postby wildwalks » Tue 01 Oct, 2019 6:56 pm

Alpine Adventures -- Latest edition
October 2019 : Issue 37

Download PDF (7mb)

Epub Version (20mb)

I hope this edition finds you fit and well. Aussie alpine areas often hold a special place in the heart of bushwalkers. The crisp air, the open vistas, variable weather, the complex history
and hills to climb all make for great adventures.

This edition we have focused on NSW and Victorian alpine adventures. Roger Caffin and his wife guide us from Cesjacks Hut across the Great Dividing Range then down the newly cleared track on Hannels Spur. Mark Oates and his brother undertake a 35 day winter crossing of the AAWT, no mean feat. Mark shares the highlights and struggles of the journey and details of the preparation - a helpful guide for anyone planning long adventures. Our regular contributor Sonya not only gives us some yummy meals but also takes us for a great ski trip from Munyang to the summit of Jagungal. In this edition, we also celebrate with MUMC as they turn 75. My mind always switches to their amazing geodesic dome hut that I just love, but there is so much more to MUMC. It is always encouraging to see what can be done when a group of bushwalkers get together behind a common goal.

Finally, we explore two environmental topics. There is a chance for bushwalkers to get involved in a novel soundscaping project looking at how recorded native soundscapes from around the world can improve the health of enclosed animals. We also look at the role climate change is already playing in altering the face of bushfires across our landscape.

I want to say a big thanks to all our authors and photographers who go that extra mile to share their adventures with us all. Also a big thanks to Stephen Lake, who works hard on
every edition, but this one he has gone that extra mile, shaping this edition to be one of my favourite editions of the last year.

Article include:
* Hannels Spur Loop - A retry after 13 years
* Australian Alps Walking Track - Two brothers taking on a winter's challenge
* Skiing with the Bobs - Take two - An annual pilgrimage to the snow
* Photo gallery - Stunning imagery by our photographers
* MUMC – 75 years old - The story of the club
* Hearing, seeing -- SoundProject 2019
* Climate change is bringing a new world of bushfires
* Spring is in the air - Chilli con carne – the vegan version & Chick pea and Potato curry

Happy Reading and Walking :)

Matt :)
wildwalks
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Wildwalks, Bushwalk.com & NPA NSW
Region: New South Wales

Re: Bushwalk Australia Magazine October 2019

Postby neilmny » Tue 01 Oct, 2019 8:23 pm

Great work Matt thanks for your efforts.
neilmny
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: Bushwalk Australia Magazine October 2019

Postby wildwalks » Wed 23 Oct, 2019 9:35 pm

Thanks Neil -- glad you enjoyed it :)
wildwalks
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Wildwalks, Bushwalk.com & NPA NSW
Region: New South Wales