Best photo opps around Mt Eliza, Lake Judd

Bushwalking topics that are not location specific.
Forum rules
The place for bushwalking topics that are not location specific.

Best photo opps around Mt Eliza, Lake Judd

Postby MickW » Tue 02 Dec, 2008 3:43 pm

G'day,

I'm planning my first trip in this area and can spare 2 nights.
I kind of have an idea on where i want to shoot. I was thinking of climbing up Eliza and pitch at the hut get sunset shots and sunrise shots of Mt Anne.(is this worth it) Can i also get shots overlooking Judd from here?

Then i wanted to walk to Lake Judd the next day pitch there and get sunet and rise shots. I wanted to get to Schnells after sunrise on the 2nd day and then back to Scotts. Is this possible and how long would the walking take?

Would appreciate any thoughts

Thank you very much

Mick Walters

http://www.redbubble.com/people/MickW
MickW
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Tasmania

Re: Best photo opps around Mt Eliza, Lake Judd

Postby stu » Fri 05 Dec, 2008 10:34 am

Hi Mick,

your timetable sounds about right, you should be able to get a fair amount done in 2 nights.
I've been in both ends of the Anne track several times, tho only as day trips (including the Anne circuit in a day).
Probably allow about 2 hours tor so o high camp hut with a rucksack from Concominium Creek
& about 2 hours to Lake Judd from Red Tape Creek? Schnells Ridge is about 3 hours return from here with a day pack.
I guess you'd get views down to Lake Judd from the eastern rim of the Eliza plateau or from Eve peak which is closer to Anne.
The best views of Anne itself are from Shelf Camp on the circuit, or Pandani Shelf on the North East ridge where the huge cliff faces come into view
(the latter appearing in some of Dombrovskis work).
The views back to Lake Judd & the Anne range from Schnells Ridge are awesome - a fantastic little range & pretty easy walking up open ridges from the track.
The Chapman South West Tasmania guide is very handy for this area as well as the 1:25k maps.

Hope you get some good shots.

Stuart.
stu
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Return to Bushwalking Discussion