Kinglake N.P. Andrew hill Circuit.

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Kinglake N.P. Andrew hill Circuit.

Postby paidal_chalne_vala » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 12:30 pm

A friend and I went up on a rainy wet weekday on Wed. 3/2/16 to walk the Andrew Hill circuit anti clockwise starting from " The Gums" campsite.
It is not especially scenic . The chance to breathe really fresh air for 3 or 4 hours not far from Melbourne is the real plus. I flew up the hill to the summit at 625 M. So there is some decent exercise to be had over the 11 km circuit. The track emerges from the Island creek picnic ground on the opposite side of the Eucalyptus road. Ditto for the other possible starting/ finishing point , opposite " The Gums" entrance , just over Eucalyptus road.
My Mont Hydronaut jacket wetted out after a while . It was really wet and raining steadily out there in them thar hills.
I enjoyed it , what with the misty , rainy Kinglake bushlands , no flies or extreme heat and all and only one other person about .
This walk is included in the " Day walks : Melbourne" book that Siseman and Chapman have written.
Go for it!
paidal_chalne_vala
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: VNPA.BTAC.Friends of Baw Baw.
Region: Victoria

Re: Kinglake N.P. Andrew hill Circuit.

Postby neilmny » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 5:56 pm

We did this one ourselves some time back(2014?) only in the clockwise direction. It was a decent climb out of the valley through some bush hard hit by the Black Saturday fires. Despite no views, it was worth the walk particularly for the exercise and the fresh air.
neilmny
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Return to VIC Trip Reports & Track Notes