Federation Hut water

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Federation Hut water

Postby Hishy P » Wed 02 Dec, 2015 1:17 pm

I was up at fed hut this last weekend. Perfect weekend for it. A dozen or so tents up, maybe more. Feathertop summit was still and views were fantastic as the sun set.

In relation to water, The tap at the back of the tank was dry or not letting water out. The tap at the front worked but then didn't in the morning (it wasn't freezing).

I was expecting a lot of water in the tank given the season and rain over last weeks. My first guess was that the taps weren't working properly.

Perhaps someone here knows better or can speculate whether it was a water level issue or a tap or catchment issue, etc. If it's the latter who can we notify. How do we contact the local ranger?

There was a nice little stream of water coming from the spring near old fed hut. I didn't check the one on the way to mumc.
Hishy P
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Re: Federation Hut water

Postby Xplora » Thu 03 Dec, 2015 5:14 am

You could report the problem to Parks by calling the general number and ask them to put you through to Bright. If they are not there you can leave a message. They may still be busy with the fire just north of Feathertop although it is listed as under control.
Xplora
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Victoria

Return to VIC Trip Reports & Track Notes