Balcombe Creek Estuary

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Balcombe Creek Estuary

Postby vicrev » Thu 25 Jun, 2015 8:04 pm

Went for a walk around the Belcombe Creek Estuary today,total about 9ks on the GPS.A very pleasant walk :) ,about 90% boardwalk, through what is reputed the only salt marsh estuary left around Port Phillip Bay.........It is a credit to the volunteers who mainly look after & maintain the park. :) there seem to be tracks all through & I must investigate further....looking forward to Spring/Summer,when the Fauna /Flora start getting more active :) .........I noticed a lot of the native plant restocking is done by the local schools,so all is not lost, as far as the next generation is concerned,they seem very aware of how to look after the environment [ more than we were !] :D .....Just a word of warning,be very careful of the slippery boardwalk,I thought my walking days were finished,I slipped & went down & I think a cracked rib is the result :( ...so,easy does it.. :D ...
vicrev
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Victoria

Re: Balcombe Creek Estuary

Postby bigkev » Sat 04 Jul, 2015 4:58 pm

I did this walk last year http://goinferalonedayatatime.blogspot. ... -13th.html its a great little walk I reckon. We parked at The Briars and walked into Mt Martha for lunch, very civilized! If you poke around a little they're are a few of these nice little walks around the bay. Mordialloc Creek is another good spot.
bigkev
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Return to VIC Trip Reports & Track Notes