Mt Ligar/Wellington River/Tali Karng

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Mt Ligar/Wellington River/Tali Karng

Postby GBW » Wed 24 Sep, 2014 9:56 am

Had a great 4 days exploring this beautiful part of Victoria. My original plan was to do The Crinoline/Long Hill circuit but after a fall and giving my knee a whack on a rock I aborted this plan and the next day limped back down to Breakfast creek to soak my knee in the cool creek and get over my failure. By then I was feeling a little better so decided to walk up to Tali Karng via the Wellington River then home via Echo Point/Riggalls Spur track. Plenty of river crossings, 28 I think, I lost count. A few photos here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... b843e37122
Attachments
IMG_6405.JPG
Mt Ligar
IMG_6613.JPG
IMG_6427.JPG
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe"
GBW
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Victoria

Re: Mt Ligar/Wellington River/Tali Karng

Postby Travis22 » Wed 24 Sep, 2014 3:22 pm

Great trip Gerald. Sorry to hear your trip didn't go to plan however your plan B was a ripper trip in itself.

Thanks for sharing your photos I cannot get enough of the high country.

Travis.
Travis22
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Re: Mt Ligar/Wellington River/Tali Karng

Postby GBW » Thu 25 Sep, 2014 8:59 am

Thanks Travis, I did a delivery to Traralgon so took the opportunity to check it out. It all worked out pretty good in the end and I certainly wasn't disappointed with Plan B and sure as hell wasn't going to waste the drive up there considering I was in my truck.
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe"
GBW
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Return to VIC Trip Reports & Track Notes