Mountaineering Course in the Mt Cook NP, NZ

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Mountaineering Course in the Mt Cook NP, NZ

Postby dee_legg » Tue 20 Dec, 2011 7:07 pm

Hi all,

Just got home from a ten day technical mountaineering course run out of Mt Cook Village by Alpine Guides. These guys run an amazing operation, if you are thinking of heading off on something like this in the future then check them out!!

I had the most amazing time, it was the perfect introduction to life in the mountains. I can't wait to head back for more.

Anyway, thought I'd link in some photos.... http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... d9e4393498

Dee
dee_legg
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: Mountaineering Course in the Mt Cook NP, NZ

Postby weetbix456 » Tue 20 Dec, 2011 7:33 pm

awsome photos dee! looks like you had the most amazing time! loved the crevasse ones and the carrot cake! NZ's such a spectacular place, sooo wanna go back :D
weetbix456
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: TWGA, TCIA, CragCare

Postby Nick S » Tue 20 Dec, 2011 9:59 pm

Looks amazing!! Thanks for sharing Dee. Very keen on doing a mountaineering course in another years time. Been to NZ a few times for ski trips but now would rather try and get on top of those peaks.
Nick S
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Postby Crum » Tue 03 Jan, 2012 12:31 pm

That area looks quite familiar. Looks like you had an awesome time just as we all did. Was certainly an experience I'll never forget. I couldn't believe that Tasmanian's pretty much out numbered everyone on Kelman. How was the ice climbing?
We didn't quite make the summit of Earnslaw as there wasn't a good freeze overnight but it will still be there for another time.
I'm still editing all my photos but they should be up in the next day

Ryan
Crum
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Return to International Trip Reports & Track Notes