Desktop version
Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.

Forum rules

Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.
Post a reply

Mountain Walking in Slovenia

Mon 12 Oct, 2015 1:42 pm

I have recently returned from a very nice walk in the mountains of Slovenia. I have placed a lot of photos and some other notes on my website -

http://www.david-noble.net/Europe15/Slovenia/SloveniaMenu.html

If you like walking in mountain environments, then Slovenia is certainly well worth visiting.

Dave

Re: Mountain Walking in Slovenia

Mon 12 Oct, 2015 3:21 pm

Awesome

Tue 13 Oct, 2015 2:40 pm

Some lovely shots there. I can't get over how different it is to walk in Europe vs Tassie...

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 8:11 pm

Thanks for posting that Dave, I really enjoyed your report.

It would have never crossed my mind to think about walking there ( was in the category of unknown unknowns).
Apart from the beauty, I was amazed at the obvious effort fellow humans have gone to, to build where they have.

Beautiful , thanks!

Thu 15 Oct, 2015 9:25 pm

Your eye for a good photo is superb as usual Dave

Sat 17 Oct, 2015 9:18 am

I have now completing writing up the walk for my blog - http://www.david-noble.net/blog/?p=8708

Sat 17 Oct, 2015 3:14 pm

I'm a sucker for views of endless mountains receding into the distance, and i like the way
different cultures provide their own local style to signs, tracks & shelters for those who are drawn to
the peaks & valleys....thanks for sharing Dave. 8)

Mon 25 Jan, 2016 7:34 am

Hi Dave
Thanks for posting and some great shots. About 15 years ago I spend a lot of time in Slovenia and undertok a number of walks around Bled - a beautiful spot. The mountains are a great place to walk and the 'huts' provide a nice spot at the end of each day.
Post a reply