South West Coast Path

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

South West Coast Path

Postby naturelover » Sat 26 Jul, 2014 7:01 pm

Fearing that posting blogs overseas might prove tricky (and my fears became reality: my own blog didn't recognise me outside Australia, which meant I couldn't post new entries and also couldn't correct typos. Sorry), I wrote up some previous trips to cover the gap and maintain weekly blogs while away, as many readers know. The only ones I mentioned here in BA before leaving were the ones to do with the Lake District trips 2006 and 12.
Another walk that I absolutely adored (and wrote up during this time) was the South West Coast Path (Cornish section) that we loved so much we did it 2011 and 2012. I could quite happily do it every year, I enjoyed it all so much. There's something wonderful about walking on cliff tops for multiple kilometres, sea breeze in your face and filling your lungs, lurid green grass on one side and cerulean waters of astonishing clarity on the other. Castles, quaint villages, sheep, the occasional pocket of woodland and masses of wildflowers complete the picture ….. almost. Sunsets and sunrises on the coast are very special and getting up at 4.30 a.m. is my specialty.
For photos and more details, see my blog at natureloverswalks.blogspot.com
There's been another post since, so you'll either need to scroll down, or use the search icon.
Attachments
Day 07 008 IMG_5807.jpg
Day 07 024 IMG_5831.jpg
Day 07 033 IMG_5843.jpg
Day 09 08 Mullion Cove lunch spot.jpg
IMG_0131 Padstow.jpg
naturelover
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Return to International Trip Reports & Track Notes