Via Alpina

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Via Alpina

Postby naturelover » Fri 07 Feb, 2014 3:59 pm

I had never heard of the Via Alpina, wending its way for hundreds of kilometres from the Mediterranean, east through Italy and then north through Slovenia into Austria, until my daughter suggested we do it. Perhaps you haven't heard of it either. (Actually, it goes further than that, but if you follow it around until it meets the Mediterranean once more, the prodigal track returning at the end of its horseshoe, you'd need two months - and for us, jobs called.)

As you may well imagine, and especially if you are told that we did it with our daughter and her husband, we took a lot of photos, and I have had huge trouble narrowing it down to a small selection for the blog. I've no doubt omitted ones that perhaps do the area more justice than the sentimental favourites I've chosen. Be that as it may, the smorgasbord I have offered will perhaps whet your appetite for a wonderful walk.

Find the link at http://natureloverswalks.blogspot.com
naturelover
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: Via Alpina

Postby jeremy089786 » Tue 11 Mar, 2014 4:20 pm

Wow!!! Those rivers are spectacular!
jeremy089786
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: WilderWheels