Shipsterns Bluff

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Shipsterns Bluff

Postby Roger » Tue 01 Sep, 2015 6:40 pm

I really enjoy going to Shipsterns Bluff (Shippies). This week the surf at my local (Blackmans Bay) was quite big (relatively) and so I thought it might be time to see the big swells at Shippies. I wasn't disappointed, when the surf is going off then Shippies in all its glory it is a great sight. How those guys surf Shippies, I just don't know, nerves of steel and some serious wet suits are a must.

The foreshore had all the bits of broken surf boards standing upright light tombstones and it was really something to see. The side trip to Tunnel Bay was also worthwhile. Shippies doesn't get talked about much but I always enjoy the walk to a great Tassie location.
Roger
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Tasmania

Return to TAS Trip Reports & Track Notes