Mts Byron, Shakespeare, Karamu, Tor, Sorell, Weld and more

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Mts Byron, Shakespeare, Karamu, Tor, Sorell, Weld and more

Postby naturelover » Tue 05 May, 2015 3:11 pm

Whoops. I see I've been very negligent (well, busy doing other things) and haven't entered any trip comments or reports since mid-Feb. Since then, I've climbed many peaks. When not on a track (and so, obvious), I've posted a map of our route and have tried to indicate what that route was like in both words and pictures to help people looking for information. The ones I haven't mentioned yet in this forum are Mt Byron, Shakespeare and Darkes Peak, Mt Sorell, Mt Anne Circuit, Mt Kate, Gussy climbs Mt Campbell (or, Campbell for toddlers), SW Cape trip (Mt Karamu et al), Stacks Bluff, Mt Marian and Trestle Mt, Bent Bluff and The Knuckle, Mt Tor, St Valentines Peak and Mt Weld. I'm mentioning this as I often look here in this forum as first port of call when researching a mountain, so if others are doing the same, they might appreciate the link to my blog. I always appreciate the links of others when trying to find out about an area - for example, I read Stu Bowling's report on Weld and also the report by Iain Tiler before climbing said mountain last weekend.
Right now it seems I need to research a good mountain for swimming up if the rain pelting against my window is any indication. Here's a photo from Mt Anne Circuit to whet the appetite. My URL is http://natureloverswalks.blogspot.com.au/
Attachments
Lightning Ridge, climbing; half an hour later (Spanner Lake and Lake Picane).jpg
naturelover
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: Mts Byron, Shakespeare, Karamu, Tor, Sorell, Weld and mo

Postby wildlight » Tue 05 May, 2015 8:21 pm

Fantastic write up and photos naturelover!

Enjoyed it immensely. I look forward to more!

Cheers

WildLight
wildlight
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby naturelover » Tue 05 May, 2015 9:47 pm

Thanks ever so much Wild Light
naturelover
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby icefest » Sat 16 May, 2015 11:15 pm

Hey, saw your article in Wild.

Nice read; thanks for publishing!
Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful.
icefest
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby naturelover » Sun 17 May, 2015 9:36 am

Oohh, thanks so much Icefest. That's very kind of you
naturelover
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to TAS Trip Reports & Track Notes