Winter in Pine Valley/The Labyrinth

Trip reports, stories, track notes. Multiple/large photos are OK in this forum.
Forum rules
Posting large/multiple images in this forum is OK. Please start topic titles with the name of the location or track.

For topics focussed on photos rather than the trip, please consider posting in the 'Gallery' forum instead.

This forum is for posting information about trips you have done, not for requesting information about a track or area.

Winter in Pine Valley/The Labyrinth

Postby whynotwalk » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 5:37 pm

Labyrinth2.jpg
leeawuleena/Lk St Clair & Olympus from the Labyrinth Track

LabX.jpg
Glimpses of Geryon and the Acropolis from the Labyrinth

LabY.jpg
Reflections and part of The Parthenon from Lake Cyane

Sometimes you just get lucky. On the June long weekend we did - and I suspect there will be a few good Tassie stories from that weekend. Before leaving Derwent Bridge on Saturday morning, we met a group going to the King Williams. There were some forum members among them: I'd love to hear how they got on ... not a trip I'd relish on short, cold days :shock:

In contrast ours was a modest trip to Pine Valley and the Labyrinth. It showered on the way up to PV on the Saturday. But they evaporated in the afternoon and left the Valley and The Labyrinth basking in unusually brilliant winter sunshine for most of the rest of the weekend. We certainly had some very cold conditions, but it was spectacularly clear. Wonderful walking weather. I've posted more in pictures and words on my blog here. http://www.naturescribe.com/2014/06/familiarity-without-contempt.html

cheers

Peter
Solvitur ambulando (Walking solves it) - attributed to St Augustine, 4th century AD.
whynotwalk
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: Winter in Pine Valley/The Labyrinth

Postby dee_legg » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 7:36 pm

So beautiful Peter!

Very jealous!
dee_legg
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania