Cape to Cape water

SA, WA & NT specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
SA, WA & NT specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Cape to Cape water

Postby bigkev » Sun 22 Dec, 2019 10:29 pm

Hi Guys,

I've just finished the Cape to Cape yesterday 21/12/19 and I thought that I'd give people a heads up regarding the water situation incase anyone is walking over Christmas.

All the tanks at the official camps had water when I went through. I have trouble working out exactly how full those polly tanks are using the sonar method so I can't really say with much accuracy how much was in them.

Quininup and Biljedup Brooks both had very light flows. The water from the cave at Ellensbrook is flowing well (and probably doesn't need treating).

All in all I had a great stroll, although it was baking hot at times. I'll put a link to a decent trip report (with photos) up when I get around to writing it up in a month or two.

Cheers
Kevin
bigkev
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Re: Cape to Cape water

Postby Wollemi » Mon 20 Jan, 2020 6:39 pm

Just looking at posts for reading enjoyment, and after reading a couple about South Australia's Kangaroo Island, started reading this thread, still thinking it pertained to Kangaroo Island - until I saw place names ending in 'up'.
Maybe it is time for the owner of this website to give SA/WA/NT their own sections?
Live everyday as if it were your last... one day you will be right.
Wollemi
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Return to South Australia, Western Australia & Northern Territory