Larapinta in late July - booking transport together?

Find people to walk or share transport with. Topics deleted after 365 idle days.
Forum rules
1 This website is not a bushwalking club.
2 Users take responsibility for all actions arising from meetings made via this website.
3 Be totally self-sufficient – your own tent, stove, gear, etc.
4 Walkers under the age of 18 and/or those walking with them should raise the trip with the under 18's parents or legal guardians.
5 Please lock your thread when it is no longer needed. Moderators may lock threads without notice.
More details on these guidelines

There is a separate forum specifically for finding the Overland Track companions and transport.

Larapinta in late July - booking transport together?

Postby Araucaria » Tue 21 May, 2019 2:15 pm

Hi,
My partner and I just bought flight tickets to Alice Springs to hike the Larapinta trail (west to east, end to end, starting at Redbank Gorge trailhead). We're arriving in Alice Springs on 22nd July, 11:30 am and hope to catch some transport to the trailhead on the same day (alternatively early morning next day). As far as I understand, several shuttle bus companies vary their prices depending on the number of passengers, and the more hikers, the (much!) lower the price. So, if you're also looking for transport to Redbank Gorge on 22nd or 23rd July, let us know so we can all try to get a better deal :)

Cheers!
Janka
Araucaria
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Return to Find Walking Companions or Arrange Transport