Queensland specific bushwalking discussion.
Mon 13 Jan, 2020 5:42 pm
Just out of curiosity, anyone know if the Advancetown ridges & valleys behind Pages Pinnacle (Springbrook NP) are private property, reserve, Hinze dam catchment reserve or state forest, I can't find alot of info....I feel like going for a exploratory mooch.
Tue 14 Jan, 2020 12:38 pm
All land north of Pages and between Nerang and Little Nerang rivers is part of the Dam catchment land, so it isn't private land.
SEQ Water states this regarding recreation on their lands:
"We are the only bulk water provider in Australia that manages ‘open’ catchments, allowing the community to enjoy our water supply lakes and catchment land for recreation activities."
"How you can help
We all have a role in caring for our catchment and drinking water
supply lakes. Here are some ways you can help:
• Check our website—www.seqwater.com.au—for the recreation
activities available at each of our lakes and any safety messages
before you visit. Once at the lake, only take part in permitted
• Obey all signage.
• Dispose of all rubbish in bins where provided, or take your rubbish
home with you and dispose of it appropriately.
• Use the public toilet facilities provided.
• Keep pets out of the lakes. Dogs and horses must not enter
• Stay clear of water intake towers, spillways and weirs.
• Never dispose of effluent, chemicals or waste in or around a
I guess the most important thing to do is leave no trace at all of your presence to ensure water quality...
Tue 14 Jan, 2020 3:57 pm
Lovely, just what I'm after... thanks dalehikes.