White Mountains NP -- access questions

Queensland specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Queensland specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

White Mountains NP -- access questions

Postby FatCanyoner » Sun 31 Mar, 2019 1:47 pm

Good afternoon all,
I'm planning some off-track exploratory walking in White Mountains NP out the back of Torrens Ck. I assume Townsville-based walkers will be the ones who do the most trips there, but I'm sure some other QLD bushwalkers may also have some insights for me.
The fractured gorge country in the NW of the park is the area that is most interesting to me, potentially heading out from around the Sandstone Wall area. From what I can tell, there are a number of dirt tracks winding their way up here from the Flinders Hwy west of Torrens Ck. They travel through private property -- large grazing properties from what I can tell -- up onto the plateau before reaching various points of the national park.
Does anyone have tips for access (names / contact details for property owners / info on property owners that are more receptive to bushwalkers / tips on which of the tracks are more or less passable (will be in 4wds) etc).
For any sensitive info (regarding access or including people's personal information) please just email me rather than posting publicly. T2 [at] fatcanyoner.org.
Thanks in advance.
T2
The Fat Canyoners: trip reports, technical tips, gear reviews and more: http://fatcanyoners.org
FatCanyoner
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: New South Wales

Re: White Mountains NP -- access questions

Postby ofuros » Sun 31 Mar, 2019 5:12 pm

Parks contact page, call or email.
Emails get passed onto the NP's local rangers who know access points or landowners phone numbers.
Mountains view are good for my soul...& getting to them is good for my waistline !
https://ofuros.exposure.co/
ofuros
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Re: White Mountains NP -- access questions

Postby bauplenut » Tue 02 Apr, 2019 6:25 pm

Sent you an email.
bauplenut
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Queensland