Plastic laminating of maps in Brisbane

Queensland specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Queensland specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Plastic laminating of maps in Brisbane

Postby johnwmck » Tue 22 Aug, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi

I am purchasing some maps and need to have laminated for outdoor bushwalking use. I am not interested in having a go at laminating myself. My preference is to pay a commercial provider to do the laminating. I understand laminating for this purpose must be thin enough and flexible enough to be easily folded.

What I am seeking from the forum is any referrals to a laminating service provider that does this type of work. I have had a bit of a suss out on the internet and then by emailing a few service providers, and the laminates are all too thick and not foldable.

Looking forward to your advice.

John
johnwmck
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Queensland

Re: Plastic laminating of maps in Brisbane

Postby ofuros » Tue 22 Aug, 2017 7:12 pm

Its not going to help your purchased paper maps, but I use to download the maps needed onto a USB memory stick, take it into officeworks & get the them printed onto a thin plastic film( pretty sure it was Tyvek) easy to fold & waterproof.

Nowadays I just print out the certain sections I need myself.

Paper maps roughly $14...printed on tyvek $19ish
Mountain views are good for my soul...& getting to them is good for my waistline !
https://ofuros.exposure.co/
ofuros
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Return to Queensland