Girraween Twin Peaks Bush Campsite Location

Queensland specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Queensland specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Girraween Twin Peaks Bush Campsite Location

Postby AJamesBrown » Tue 09 Feb, 2016 6:04 pm

Hi all,

After reading viewtopic.php?f=38&t=9680 and viewtopic.php?f=38&t=20113 I've been planning an overnighter in Girraween mid March. We will be a group of roughly 4 blokes, with hiking experience ranging from a few times in their life thru a few times each year. Our current plan is Castle Rock Campground -> Castle Rock -> Turtle Rock -> Mt Norman -> Twin Peaks (bush bashing) -> Underground Creek Bush Camp (bush bashing) where we'll stay the night before heading back to Castle Rock Campground via the marked tracks/road.

From the abovementioned posts, there's talk of a small campsite at Twin Peaks. We'd like to keep this campsite as an option incase it's getting late when we reach Twin Peaks, but I'm struggling to find details on it's location. Is anyone able to help with a map reference or lat/lon for the campsite? Even a vague description of where to look from the peaks would be a tremendous help!

Thanks in advance!
Aaron
AJamesBrown
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Re: Girraween Twin Peaks Bush Campsite Location

Postby cams » Wed 17 Feb, 2016 12:17 pm

The twin peaks campsite is literally on top of the more vegetated of the two twin peaks. Not much dirt for pegs if you don't have free standing tents. If you approach Twin Peaks from the saddle between them I think there would be options for campsites around that saddle too. The rock formations around this area are spectacular too.
cams
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Tasmania

Re: Girraween Twin Peaks Bush Campsite Location

Postby AJamesBrown » Wed 17 Feb, 2016 8:27 pm

Thanks cams, that's comforting :) I guess being so obvious means nobody talks about it?!
AJamesBrown
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Return to Queensland