Top overnight walks Brisbane/Sunshine coast area in July

Queensland specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Queensland specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Top overnight walks Brisbane/Sunshine coast area in July

Postby slowslug » Wed 15 Jul, 2015 1:04 pm

Hi All,
At the last minute, my husband and I have decided to go to visit friends in the Sunshine Coast. Whilst we are there, we would like to do some overnight/decent day walks but there seem to be so many options, and I'm finding it hard to get an idea of what is good at this time of year as most reports don't seem to be in winter months.
We're both experienced multiday hikers and have good kit for sleeping in the cold. Would really appreciate an idea of peoples favourite overnighters in the area so we can pick one or two to experience for ourselves.
Thank you in advance for any advice :)
slowslug
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Top overnight walks Brisbane/Sunshine coast area in July

Postby cams » Sat 18 Jul, 2015 5:23 pm

So you'd like something around the Sunshine Coast? My knowledge isn't the best for that region, but the Cooloola Wilderness trail might be a good option (not the great walk). If you can get across to one of the islands that would be a unique experience for you. Conondale great walk is probably the best of the great walks in the area.
cams
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Tasmania

Return to Queensland