"DO YOU KNOW TASMANIA" Wilderness show in MELBOURNE

Victoria specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Victoria specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

"DO YOU KNOW TASMANIA" Wilderness show in MELBOURNE

Postby tas-man » Tue 10 Nov, 2009 8:58 pm

I would like to let all Melbourne forum members know the details of the Launceston Walking Club's next presentation of our current 44th "DO YOU KNOW TASMANIA" multimedia show. It will be held at 8.00pm on Thursday 3rd December at the Salvation Army Temple, 958 High Street Road, Glen Waverley, Melbourne VIC. MELWAYS Ref: 71 H 1 (same venue as last time). Admission will be Adults $15.00 and Children/Concession $10.00. Admission will include a cuppa afterwards. If anyone would like a better quality PDF version for printing an A4 poster, further info for any local publicity options etc, please email me at <irdesigns@vision.net.au> and I will forward it to you. Please feel free to pass this poster and info on to any other forums, clubs, interested groups in the eastern side of Melbourne. Perhaps the show could facilitate a BWT Forum members "meetup" :D . I will have a limited number of our historic movie DVD's available at the show, details here http://www.launcestonwalkingclub.org.au/shop.html

DYKTMelb2009WebPoster.jpg
Last edited by tas-man on Wed 11 Nov, 2009 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The world reveals itself to those who travel on foot."
Werner Herzog
tas-man
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: "DO YOU KNOW TASMANIA" Wilderness show in MELBOURNE

Postby frank_in_oz » Wed 11 Nov, 2009 6:45 am

Great to see you are hitting the big island. Certainly hope we can get a car load from Geelong.

Ian, I play around with Twitter a bit and will "Tweet" a few times about it between now and the 3rd. (it is fascinating how much this medium can be used to share information and stimulate interest in events)

Hope to see you there!
Frank
Check out "Our Hiking Blog" Overland Track guide, Food to Go-recipe ideas and Trekking to Everest Base Camp.
frank_in_oz
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby dee_legg » Wed 11 Nov, 2009 8:51 am

How come the event goes to Victoria before Hobart? :(
dee_legg
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Son of a Beach » Wed 11 Nov, 2009 9:42 am

Thanks again for the BWT exposure on the poster too! :-)
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)

Postby tas-man » Wed 11 Nov, 2009 10:58 am

dee_legg wrote:How come the event goes to Victoria before Hobart? :(

Sorry for that dee_legg but we basically ran out of date options to get a show in Hobart before Christmas, and I am on holidays in SA/VIC end of November. It looks most likely to be mid February to Mid March 2010 and the forum members will be the first to know :D It will depend on whether the Friends of Tasman Island can get behind a three day showing at the Stanley Burbury Theatre, or we just go as per last few shows with a night at the 50 & Better Centre in town. One way or another we will get the show to Hobart for you.
Werner Herzog
tas-man
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby tas-man » Wed 02 Dec, 2009 10:59 pm

All set for the show tomorrow night, so any forum members able to attend, please make sure to introduce yourself.
Werner Herzog
tas-man
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Postby frank_in_oz » Sun 06 Dec, 2009 8:59 am

Was a great presentation on Thursday night. Sue and I really enjoyed it. Thanks very much to Ian for organising to do a Victorian show.

I met one other BWT person (forgotten his real name sorry) who was mates with Tasadam (or used to work with him) and Ian.

Keen to have one in Geelong next time Ian takes the time to do a road show. It is a long drive from Glen Waverley back to Geelong!
Frank
Check out "Our Hiking Blog" Overland Track guide, Food to Go-recipe ideas and Trekking to Everest Base Camp.
frank_in_oz
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby tasadam » Sun 06 Dec, 2009 10:14 am

frank_in_oz wrote:Was a great presentation on Thursday night. Sue and I really enjoyed it. Thanks very much to Ian for organising to do a Victorian show.

I met one other BWT person (forgotten his real name sorry) who was mates with Tasadam (or used to work with him) and Ian.

Keen to have one in Geelong next time Ian takes the time to do a road show. It is a long drive from Glen Waverley back to Geelong!

That would have been David Mitchell, a member of this forum and currently doing the Tyvek.
He contacted me after the show telling me how much he enjoyed it, also that he recognized a number of my photos, which chuffed me a bit.
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: TasmaniART, Smitten Merino, Macpac

Return to Victoria