NBW Hut location

Victoria specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Victoria specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

NBW Hut location

Postby NickPom » Wed 18 Sep, 2019 9:10 pm

Does anyone have accurate coordinates for the NBW Hut near Mt Erica/mushroom rocks? Ideally GPS coordinates, but a reliable map reference would also be ok.

I plan to have a wander up there this weekend and want to find this hut, but references to it are scarce.

If anyone knows how low the snow cover is this week around Gwinear or Erica that'd be interesting too.
I plan to carry on up to Talbot etc so I'll probably chuck the snowshoes on the pack anyway.
NickPom
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Victoria

Re: NBW Hut location

Postby wildwanderer » Wed 18 Sep, 2019 9:51 pm

I dont know if this is correct but google maps has it listed at -37.881850, 146.354720
wildwanderer
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby onward » Thu 19 Sep, 2019 2:27 pm

Just turn right past the last of the rocks and just before you start to climb towards Mt Erica the route is taped. I was there recently, it has been somewhat upgraded...at least the roof is on!
55 H 443153 5807170
onward
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby NickPom » Thu 19 Sep, 2019 2:51 pm

Thanks for the replies.
I saw it was on Google maps, but people are sometimes pretty casual where they drop locations.

@onward, Thanks for the route tip & map ref. That puts it 130m away from the Google Maps location. I'll look for the tape and go for a wander if time permits.

Appreciate your time.

N
NickPom
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Return to Victoria