Desktop version
Victoria specific bushwalking discussion.

Forum rules

Victoria specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.
Post a reply

Beeripmo water?

Mon 31 Jul, 2017 9:51 pm

Has anyone stayed at the Beeripmo campsite recently and can tell me what the water situation is like? I recall that there is a tank there.Thanks

Re: Beeripmo water?

Mon 31 Jul, 2017 11:55 pm

There is water in the tank a few weeks ago and it was fine to drink. I'm planning to be there again soon so will double check out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue 01 Aug, 2017 9:35 am

Bmak may have been a bit more recently than me but I was there at the end of May and the tank was nearing empty. It has been a very dry winter so would be worth carrying an extra couple of litres, just in case.

P.S. I love the irony given your username :lol:

Tue 01 Aug, 2017 12:39 pm

Thanks Bmak and thanks Strider - I hadn't seen the connection with my username! That is funny - I decided on it because of a lovely poem by Les Murray.

Wed 13 Sep, 2017 10:49 am

Quick update for anyone looking at this thread. Went to Beeripmo a fortnight ago (September 2-3), and the tank was quite full and great to drink from. :)

Mon 22 Apr, 2019 8:09 pm

Can anyone report on the state of the beeripmo camp tank atm? Thanks in advance.

Mon 22 Apr, 2019 8:34 pm

CraigVIC wrote:Can anyone report on the state of the beeripmo camp tank atm? Thanks in advance.

Been pretty dry there but there is a good chance it has some still.

I’ve got nothing to do all week so could maybe do a quick day loop to check.

Mon 22 Apr, 2019 8:50 pm

Wouldn't normally be a big deal but I'm planning on taking my daughter so by time I carry her gear as well as mine adding water could be a bit much.

Mon 22 Apr, 2019 8:58 pm

CraigVIC wrote:Can anyone report on the state of the beeripmo camp tank atm? Thanks in advance.

I was up there Wed/Thur last week. The tank is below 1/3 full (probably by quite a bit), however there was no problems getting water out of it & quality was not noticeably different from usual.

Tue 23 Apr, 2019 8:45 am

CraigVIC wrote:Wouldn't normally be a big deal but I'm planning on taking my daughter so by time I carry her gear as well as mine adding water could be a bit much.

When are you planning on going?

I could even check today as it’s a good excuse for a walk

Tue 23 Apr, 2019 9:03 am

Thanks for the info portlester

bmak wrote:When are you planning on going?

Saturday is the plan.

Tue 23 Apr, 2019 9:13 am

CraigVIC wrote:Thanks for the info portlester

bmak wrote:When are you planning on going?

Saturday is the plan.

I’ll let you know what it’s like.

Tue 23 Apr, 2019 7:43 pm

Can confirm there’s water and quality is fine.

One other solo camper there tonight.

Wed 24 Apr, 2019 12:45 pm

Great news, many thanks.

Sun 28 Apr, 2019 10:12 pm

Daughter had a great time and water was no problem. The tank was being well used by a near full campground without issue.
Post a reply