Point Vision

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Point Vision

Postby Speculator » Sun 29 Jun, 2008 8:51 pm

Just thought I'd put a post in here with up-to-date information from our recent walk to Point Vision in the Narawntapu National Park, seeing as the internet in general doesn't seem to have much.

The walk starts from near the new information centre in the park, with the track heading SE across springlawn then joining an old road marked with pink marker tape for most of the distance, which is about 5hrs return for those making an average pace. The track is the aforementioned road for all except for the last few metres. The best views are from the track near the top, Point Vision itself has any views it may have had previously, obscured by trees.

We spoke to the ranger at the information centre who warned us of another unauthorised track down from the top of point vision which has been marked by unknown individuals acting without parks approval. We were advised not to take this track for fear we may contribute to the spread of an introduced pest, which I believe may have been Phytophthora cinnamomi.

Point vision isn't a difficult walk, but I really think the park offers better value for your time.

L8r.
---
Peak bagging points: 10. Peak bagging bagging points: 10000.
Speculator
Optimus Imago
Optimus Imago

Region: Tasmania

Return to Tasmania