Penguin Cradle Trail + Overland Track - November

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Re: Penguin Cradle Trail + Overland Track - November

Postby Fizzygood » Fri 21 Nov, 2008 6:26 am

Well, it was looking to be a great walk when injury struck...

On day 2 we a made a decision to go off track and I bent my thumb back badly (twice) while descending a VERY steep gorge into Walloa Creek... the base of it swelled up like a cricket ball and I lost movement and grip... that was it for me! :(

I will post the GPS view shortly and you will see what I mean by steep!

Every cloud has a silver lining though... since getting back and giving my thumb a rest, have been into the Walls with fantastic weather and also into Barn Bluff with equally good conditions... going South West next week!

Here is a facebook link for a few pics taken on the Penguin Cradle Trail. We will be back to complete at some stage.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... =669227965

Cheers, Erin
Fizzygood
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Postby frank_in_oz » Fri 21 Nov, 2008 7:50 am

Hi Erin,
Sorry to hear about your injury so early in the walk. When reading the build up I could see you were so excited about it, had done heaps of planning and organised all that food etc. Just a REAL shame yoiu had to pull the pin!

Great to see you recovered and made the most of your time off and got in some other good walking.

Have fun in the South West. Where are you off to?
Frank
Check out "Our Hiking Blog" Overland Track guide, Food to Go-recipe ideas and Trekking to Everest Base Camp.
frank_in_oz
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Fizzygood » Wed 03 Dec, 2008 5:25 am

Thanks Frank...

Have been bombing around on the mountain a bit and went up to Mt Field for a few days... nice few days spent inside a cloud! :wink:

Heading to Picton Range or possibly Mt Gould in the next few days with Mt Anne Circuit to follow before Christmas.

Already dreaming of next year and all the walks that are planned.... :P
Fizzygood
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Previous

Return to Tasmania