Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.

Forum rules

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.
Post a reply

Transport on Lake Burbury

Sun 12 Sep, 2010 4:45 pm

Hello all,
I'm planning to do the Eldons later this year, and have come to the conclusion that the best way to tackle it is to start the lake Burbury end and walk out to lake St Clair, bagging the 33 points on offer along the way :D
This all hinges on us being able to get a lift up to the end of the lake, so I'm just trying to find out if anyone on this forum has recently done this, and if so how they got to they end of the lake.
Also if someone knows of any local fisherman who use the lake regularly who might be keen to drop a couple of bushwalkers off for a fee of course, it would be greatly appreciated.

If some one does know of someone but doesn't want to put the details on here, then please email me at [email protected]

cheers

Markus

Re: Transport on Lake Burbury

Sun 12 Sep, 2010 6:28 pm

We had similar problems when our boat fell through last year trying to access the Spires.
If you do find anyone, please pass the info on!!

Sun 12 Sep, 2010 6:50 pm

A friend went there a few years back - and he said that they just turned up at the camping area - and asked around - and a guy with a boat was happy to take the party up the lake. They gave him a slab or beer.

Dave

Sun 12 Sep, 2010 9:03 pm

will do ILUVSWTAS.
yeah that is kind of the last resort Dave, I'd prefer to have something organised prior. But, it is still an option.
Post a reply