Desktop version
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.

Forum rules

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.
Post a reply

Where does this track go to ?

Mon 28 Jan, 2008 12:44 pm

this walking track starts from just over the little fisher bridge and up a vehicle track to a carpark.I guess that it would take you into the back of the walls of jerusalem ? any info as to the destination and /or track conditions ?

I seem to remember a story about an unfinished hut being built by a mr miles or maybe reed?

Re: Where does this track go to ?

Wed 30 Jan, 2008 12:33 pm

I described this track in the post titled "Little Fisher".

It's a delightful walk that takes 2 or 3 hours one way to reach Long Tarns on the Plateau. From here, Blue Peaks, Daisy Lakes and the Walls of Jerusalem are all within half a day's walk over mainly trackless terrain. For peak baggers, it is the main access to climb Turanna Bluff and Mersey Crag. For waterfall baggers, Rinadeena Falls (sometimes called Little Fisher Falls) are only about an hour along the track.

I have not been there for approx 10 years so I will leave comment on track conditions to someone else. When I was last there, the last part of the road including a second bridge over the river had just been closed and this new carpark constructed.

As for a partially constructed hut, I think there may be two under the slopes of Turanna Bluff. The Mountain Huts Preservation Society have all the details.

Wed 30 Jan, 2008 4:42 pm

I believe one of the huts belonged to Boy (Ray) Miles and was never completed due to his death. He also had a hut on the Dublin plain lower down. The track is a shortish way to a remote area of the plateau making access easier to Lake Gwendy, Lake Lexie, Pencil Pine Tarn etc. 8) So here is a scenic route to some good fishing lakes. :D :D
Good walking and tight lines....John

Sun 03 Feb, 2008 8:53 pm

Although the camping spots are a bit tight Long Tarn is a very pretty place. Took us a bit over three hours to get there. The track can be a bit hard to follow on the way out - it is easy if you stay alert!
Post a reply