Arm River Track

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Arm River Track

Postby corvus » Thu 24 Jan, 2008 6:04 pm

For those of you who have not done this recently I want to advise that all creek crossings have been bridged and the worst of the bog sections board walked, despite this it still takes over 4 hours to get to Pelion Hut and just as long on the way down.(especially in 27+ temp) and in the past I have said to anyone who asked, yes this is easy!! retraction it is not and non experienced walkers will find it difficult however not impossible but not really recommended for the really young .
collige virgo rosas
corvus
Vercundus gearus-freakius

Region: Tasmania

Re: Arm River Track

Postby tasadam » Fri 25 Jan, 2008 8:03 am

Yes, agreed. For anyone venturing along here for the first time, it starts off quite tamely (apart from the crappy road on the way in). But then it hits you - the climb... Up and up and up and will we get there SOOOOOON?
Not too bad just a bit steep. Bet it felt steep at 27 degrees too? Take care if you're not too good on your feet, steep and a bit slippery with a bit of loose stuff. But once you're over that, it's a very pleasant walk.
There was a big tiger snake coming down as well when we did it, 14/12/07.
We went in and did the loop around then up Pillinger, just a day walk.
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: TasmaniART, Smitten Merino, Macpac

Re: Arm River Track

Postby corvus » Fri 25 Jan, 2008 12:49 pm

Must be something special about The Arm River Track that attracts Tiger Snakes as apart from the times I have gone when there was snow on the ground I have encountered them ,it was when coming back a few years ago that I experienced my first (and I hope last) occurance of a big one standing up and "barking" my crime was me not paying attention which as you might guess I do now,only saw two small ones this time.
collige virgo rosas
corvus

Return to Tasmania