Eastern Tiers

Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion.
Forum rules
Tasmania specific bushwalking discussion. Please avoid publishing details of access to sensitive areas with no tracks.

Eastern Tiers

Postby SlowDan » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 4:47 pm

Hi all,

With about 8 days of relatively no work to do coming up, I'm thinking of heading off somewhere different and doing some off track work. Looking at the maps of forested areas in Tassie, I was kind of gobsmacked at how much I've neglected to consider longer walks on the East Coast. Specifically I've been looking at the Eastern Tiers region. There's a number of forest reserves and nature reserves in that whole region that I had never even head of, and quite a few unbroken tracts that could accommodate some interesting walking, Coupled with the outstanding flora value of the area (a number of endangered and threatened plants, most of them Tassie endemics, a handful restricted to the region). The more I think about it, despite it being upstaged by the Western half of the state, the keener I am to go.

Has anyone had any experience walking in this area? Particularly extended off track walks?
SlowDan
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Tasmania

Return to Tasmania