Transport from Lake St Clair to Cradle Mtn on 9 December

Discussion specifically about the Overland Track should be posted in this subforum, including side trips and the Cradle Mountain day walk area. Alternative access routes and connecting routes belong in the parent forum.
Forum rules
Overland Track App
An electronic guidebook for planning and walking the Overland Track.
Download this app for loads of information about planning, gear, food, accommodation and much more about the Overland Track.
You will also find topo maps, terrain profiles and track notes for offline use.
$10 -- Discount to $3 until December 15

Transport from Lake St Clair to Cradle Mtn on 9 December

Postby sdunnozzy » Fri 21 Oct, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi there,

My friend and I are doing the overland track in December 2016, departing Saturday, 10 December.

We're driving up from Hobart on the 9th and plan to leave our car at Lake St Clair, then get transport up to Cradle Mountain. We'll then stay the night at Cradle Mountain and start the walk on the morning of the 10th.

Is anyone else doing anything similar, or need transport on the same day? We'd be keen to share a private charter if anyone has already organised anything, or wants seats on a bus we organise.

Thanks!

Sarah
sdunnozzy
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Re: Transport from Lake St Clair to Cradle Mtn on 9 December

Postby Chouvu » Sat 22 Oct, 2016 7:04 am

Hi,

Would you consider gettig to the park a day earlier? A friend and i have are hoping to find someone to do a car shuffle with, unfortunately our walk starts on the 9th so we'll have to be there the 8th.

Cheers,

Christine
Chouvu
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Return to Overland Track and Cradle Mountain