What Dombrovskis prints do you have hanging up?

Cameras, tripods, techniques, etc.
Forum rules
Please note that the extended image rules for the Gallery forum also apply here.

What Dombrovskis prints do you have hanging up?

Postby the_camera_poser » Mon 18 Aug, 2008 9:20 pm

We've got The Little Horn and The Labyrinth hanging over the photoprocessing computer- for inspiration. I've heard a rumor that his wife is closing up shop, so I migt pick up a few more- I'd really like On The Mountain and Mt Hayes, as well as Rock Island Bend, just to remind myself of the power of a photo.

What work of his do you have, or would you like to get?
the_camera_poser

Re: What Dombrovskis prints do you have hanging up?

Postby farefam » Sun 09 May, 2010 12:57 pm

I don't have any of his prints hanging up, but I have purchased most of Peter Dombrovskis's books (the only one I don't have is "In the forest" simply because I felt it was very overpriced at the time for a relatively slim volume. I particularly enjoy the more recent Simply Peter Dombrovskis volume; some of the shots are simply stunning. I've only rarely seen large Dombrovskis prints (eg at the Wilderness Gallery at Cradle Mountain) but I remember being very impressed by a large exhibition of his that was on display at the Visitors Centre of the Hobart Botanical Gardens years ago (that display would make an excellent book). I have many other landscape photography books (Tasmania and NZ) which are also very good, but there is something unique about the atmosphere combined with depth and fine detail in Peter's finest shots that places his photography on a different level. It would be good to see Ted Mead publish a Tasmanian volume, as his work is also outstanding.
farefam
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Re: What Dombrovskis prints do you have hanging up?

Postby tazz » Fri 14 May, 2010 10:02 am

Unfortunatly I don,t have any Peter Dombrovskis prints hanging on my walls but I have a copy of "Wild rivers" and "Simply" books.
tazz
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Tasmania

Return to Photography