New Custom Camera Bag

Cameras, tripods, techniques, etc.
Forum rules
Please note that the extended image rules for the Gallery forum also apply here.

New Custom Camera Bag

Postby whynotwalk » Tue 24 Aug, 2010 2:07 pm

Hi all - here's the next update on the custom camera bag being made for me by my bushwalking mate - and wife - Lynne :)

The backstory is found here http://bushwalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4657

At close of play yesterday we had gone from an unused neoprene laptop case to what you see below. It's looking far better than I imagined. Today's task for Lynne is to sew on the adjustable elastic waist belt, including plastic clips, towards the end of the snoot part. She'll then close over the top with a velcro strip, and otherwise tidy up the edges.

All of this is very easy for me to say - but Lynne's the one doing all the hard work. :lol: More updates when possible.

cheers

Peter
NeoBag3.jpg
the bag has been tapered to fit the camera and lens
NeoBag3.jpg (245.94 KiB) Viewed 7113 times
NeoBag4.jpg
NeoBag4.jpg (306.81 KiB) Viewed 7113 times
Solvitur ambulando (Walking solves it) - attributed to St Augustine, 4th century AD.
whynotwalk
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: New Custom Camera Bag

Postby whynotwalk » Wed 25 Aug, 2010 9:59 am

Woo Hoo! We're pretty much there with the new water-resistant bag for the Canon DSLR. We're very pleased with the results - only a few minor tweaks needed. north-north-west suggested some seam sealant might be necessary. We'll look at adding that. But I will still be very cautious in persistent rain (as I was with the Zing case). Water and digital cameras don't mix, unless you go for an EOS 7D or above - and that was a financial bridge too far for us, and too heavy as well :(

The pictures below are pretty self-explanatory. It feels good on, and the waist strap definitely seems to help take some weight. The full field test in New Zealand is coming up. I'll report back after that,

cheers

Peter
NeoBag11.jpg
The full kit. Both waist and neck straps are adjustable.
NeoBag10.jpg
The camera faces down rather than out (cf the old Zing case)
NeoBag9.jpg
The clip and elastic waist band secure the camera to your body
NeoBag9.jpg (377.38 KiB) Viewed 7083 times
NeoBag8.jpg
NeoBag8.jpg (275.22 KiB) Viewed 7083 times
Solvitur ambulando (Walking solves it) - attributed to St Augustine, 4th century AD.
whynotwalk
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Tasmania

Return to Photography