Maxstone - Bluetooth IR remote

Cameras, tripods, techniques, etc.
Forum rules
Please note that the extended image rules for the Gallery forum also apply here.

Maxstone - Bluetooth IR remote

Postby beean » Sat 08 Aug, 2015 9:07 am

Just a heads up for those of you who are walking with a Sony NEX, you probably know there isn't an intervalometer on the market for it. All other remote controls I've found are very basic, just shutter buttons.

I tried making one of those DIY IR blasters but that failed as my phone's audio jack didn't have enough power to light the bulbs. So I just bought a MaxStone. It's a pretty neat little IR blaster that connects to your phone via bluetooth. Set up the app and voila, you can now shoot timelapses with your NEX.

http://us.imaxmax.com/

I bought mine off Amazon for 50 CAD which is a very good price for an intervalometer.
beean
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Other Country

Re: Maxstone - Bluetooth IR remote

Postby north-north-west » Sat 08 Aug, 2015 2:59 pm

beean wrote:I bought mine off Amazon for 50 CAD which is a very good price for an intervalometer.

I got an electronic remote/intervalometer from Ali Express for around AUS$15. Brilliant little gadget.
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Re: Maxstone - Bluetooth IR remote

Postby beean » Sun 09 Aug, 2015 3:54 am

Yeah I agree that they can be found for cheap for mostly Canon and Nikons, unfortunately I haven't had any luck with compatibility for the low end NEX cameras. It doesn't take a wired shutter release so I was restricted to IR. These ones are a bit more pricey and difficult to find. Ali Express have IR blasters that plug into the headphone jack on your phone, but I ran into the same problem as my DIY one; the phone doesn't put out enough power to fire the lights for some reason.
beean
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Other Country

Return to Photography