Calling all Tasmanian Photographers

Cameras, tripods, techniques, etc.
Forum rules
Please note that the extended image rules for the Gallery forum also apply here.

Calling all Tasmanian Photographers

Postby TassieMargie » Sun 21 Dec, 2008 9:57 am

A number of the people who have posted images here have shown that they are capable of producing some stunning images of Tasmania, and I think that many of these deserve to be exhibited in a gallery.

A new year calls for a new project, and this year I have teamed up with a high quality canvas print firm to produce and promote canvas prints on behalf of Tasmanian photographers. I am currently looking for people who are interested in exhibiting and selling their work through a soon to go live online gallery.

Your images will be given the best production treatment possible to ensure that only prints of a very high standard are allowed to hang on the walls of our clients. Also, unlike many other sites that allow you to sell your work, we will be actively promoting and advertising sales in the gallery. Of course, you will be welcome to help promote your own work, and we will even pay you a commission on any sales you generate.

I do not want to list details of the site here for now, as it is not yet ready to go public, though construction is complete and we are simply waiting for a number of photographers who have already agreed to exhibit to get their works to us.

If you may be interested please either respond to this post, or send me a private message and I will give you a sneak peek at the gallery and provide more details.

Must also say a huge thank you to Nik for allowing me to post this and his words of encouragement.
TassieMargie
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: Tasmania

Re: Calling all Tasmanian Photographers

Postby frank_in_oz » Sun 21 Dec, 2008 12:04 pm

Great idea Margie. Good luck with the project.
Frank
Check out "Our Hiking Blog" Overland Track guide, Food to Go-recipe ideas and Trekking to Everest Base Camp.
frank_in_oz
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby TassieMargie » Sun 21 Dec, 2008 12:30 pm

Thanks Frank :D
TassieMargie
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby the_camera_poser » Sun 21 Dec, 2008 2:21 pm

You cna use my stuff as long as I retain full rights in it, but no one in their right mind would buy it. I've got a fledgling webpage at http://www.away-from-it-all.net, and a massive backlog of photos to process, but I'm not pro-quality.
the_camera_poser

Postby TassieMargie » Sun 21 Dec, 2008 3:11 pm

I would like everyone to know that the photographer retains full rights to their images. Your images will not be used, or allowed to be used by anyone apart from our printer(for the purpose of printing), without obtaining your permission first.

Just had a look through your site and you have some excellent shots there :) I would certainly buy some of your shots. I will send you a PM shortly with more details.

Thanks for you interest the_camera_poser.
TassieMargie
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby Son of a Beach » Sun 21 Dec, 2008 5:57 pm

I'm no photographer (just fluke a decent shot or two every year or so), but it sounds like a great idea. All the best for the new venture, Margie.
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)

Postby lexharris » Sun 21 Dec, 2008 8:33 pm

Hi TassieMargie. Is this restricted to Tasmanian residents only or are you also considering photos taken in Tasmania by non-residents? If so I would be interested to participate. I have a gallery at http://www.lexharris.net which is still a work in progress but plenty of samples to look at.
Cheers,
Lex
Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit. ~ Edward Abbey (1927-1989)
lexharris
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby TassieMargie » Sun 21 Dec, 2008 10:31 pm

Thanks Nik.

Hey Lex,

Good question. The answer is...the only restriction is that the images HAVE to be taken in Tasmania, the gallery is open to people everywhere. I have taken a look at your gallery, and you have some very nice shots there. I a about to send you a PM to give you some more info. Thanks for your interest :)
TassieMargie
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby TassieMargie » Sat 27 Dec, 2008 9:35 am

HI all,

Just wanted to update every one with what's happening over at the gallery. It is now open for inspection and you can view it at

RT GALLERY

Pre orders are being taken but they will not be shipped until early January. Thanks all for looking. :D

Anyone who is still interested in exhibiting with the gallery please contact me for the finer details.
TassieMargie
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Postby Josef » Tue 13 Jan, 2009 11:38 pm

The site looks great! Have you had many sales yet?
Most of my good shots were taken prior to the switch to Digi but if your still doing this for a while I could send some through when I build some up.
Cheers, Joe.
Josef
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Postby Son of a Beach » Wed 14 Jan, 2009 7:56 am

Nice work Margie, well done! I hope you (and the photographers) sell a few. :-)
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)

Postby mattanitah » Wed 14 Jan, 2009 6:13 pm

I'd defiently be keen to hear more
mattanitah
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Return to Photography