Eneloop at Costco

For all high tech electronic equipment including GPS, PLB, chargers, phones, computers, software. Discussion of simple electrical devices such as torches, belongs in the main 'Equipment' forum.

Eneloop at Costco

Postby GPSGuided » Thu 05 May, 2016 3:28 pm

Just picked up an 8 pack of Eneloop AA 2000mAh for $25. Liked the colour coding that helps to pair the batteries.

If anyone needs it, still plenty in Auburn. Also AAA 8 packs.

Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Re: Eneloop at Costco

Postby keithy » Thu 05 May, 2016 10:38 pm

Hey GPSGuided - where do these Costco Eneloops say they are made?

It should be somewhere on the packaging, or printed on the cells. I've not seen the Monochrome ones yet, but the packaging differs from the Panasonic Eneloops I've seen that are Made in China.
keithy
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Other Country

Eneloop at Costco

Postby GPSGuided » Fri 06 May, 2016 7:48 am

Correct Keith. They are also MIC, supplied through official Aust channel. Putting them through my PowerEx, they com out with 1935-1985mAh capacity.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby keithy » Fri 06 May, 2016 4:34 pm

Thanks for clarification. Chatted with someone from the US, and they told me that their Costco still sold the Panasonic Eneloops made in Japan.

So I was wondering if Costco here also sourced it from the same source as the US Costco, but evidently not.

From some accelerated testing a bloke from Queensland did, the Made in China Eneloops have lower charge cycles than the Made in Japan ones. Still good batteries though. And good price from Costco.
keithy

Postby GPSGuided » Fri 06 May, 2016 5:11 pm

Yes, I am not too concerned about the charge cycles as my batteries tend to disappear way way before those claimed 4 digit charge cycle numbers. A tad over $3 per battery is pretty decent in my book.

Surprised also to come across a Wiki page on Eneloop. Looks like these are their 4th generation product.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eneloop
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Aushiker » Sun 17 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm

Getting a little of topic but we don't have Costco here in the West so looking for suggestions on a good Australian source for genuine Eneloop batteries.
Andrew
Aushiker

Region: Western Australia

Postby Drew » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 2:17 pm

I've bought them from B&H in the past when I've been buying photography gear too. Just buying them alone might not be economical with postage. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... _2100.html
A quick search shows them available at plenty of camera chains but much more pricey than Costco.
Drew

Region: Victoria

Postby GPSGuided » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 3:32 pm

Those 8 packs were on sale a few weeks after I bought mine, coming down to around $20 or just a tad less. Have not seen them come down again since. Would be worth keeping an eye on them for the next sale if one really wants to hunt for a bargain.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Aushiker » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 5:55 pm

Drew wrote:I've bought them from B&H in the past when I've been buying photography gear too. Just buying them alone might not be economical with postage. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... _2100.html
A quick search shows them available at plenty of camera chains but much more pricey than Costco.

Thanks but prefer it possible to get them locally or maybe as part of an order from the likes of Amazon. Given B&H's alleged employment practices I prefer to not purchase from them.
Andrew
Aushiker

Postby keithy » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:21 pm

Aushiker wrote:Thanks but prefer it possible to get them locally or maybe as part of an order from the likes of Amazon.

Aushiker, if you are close to an Ikea in WA, check out their new Ladda batteries.

I just posted about them viewtopic.php?f=21&t=23736

They are Japanese made, and look to be from the same FDK source as the Japanese made Eneloop Pros, but at half the price.
keithy

Postby Aushiker » Mon 25 Jul, 2016 10:39 pm

keithy wrote:
Aushiker wrote:Thanks but prefer it possible to get them locally or maybe as part of an order from the likes of Amazon.

Aushiker, if you are close to an Ikea in WA, check out their new Ladda batteries.

I just posted about them viewtopic.php?f=21&t=23736

They are Japanese made, and look to be from the same FDK source as the Japanese made Eneloop Pros, but at half the price.

Thanks. Will do. I can go past an Ikea on the way to and from work.
Andrew
Aushiker

Return to Techno-Babble