30000mAh Dual USB Portable Solar Panel Power Bank

For all high tech electronic equipment including GPS, PLB, chargers, phones, computers, software. Discussion of simple electrical devices such as torches, belongs in the main 'Equipment' forum.

30000mAh Dual USB Portable Solar Panel Power Bank

Postby neilmny » Fri 22 Jan, 2016 10:21 am

30000mAh Dual USB Portable Solar Panel Power Bank for iPhone 6S / 6 Plus / iPad / Samsung Note 5 S6 Edge Plus with LED Light
http://www.everbuying.net/product523892.html

Have no affiliation and don't own one but thought it might be of interest.
neilmny
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Re: 30000mAh Dual USB Portable Solar Panel Power Bank

Postby keithy » Fri 22 Jan, 2016 4:35 pm

I'd be cautious about the advertised capacity of these units.

Particularly when you consider the product weight (shown to be .220kg). If they are using 18650 cells internally, the weight of the lithium ion cells should be significantly higher to achieve a 30000mAh capacity. Even if using flat lithium ion battery packs, while lighter than using 18650 cells, it would still be over double the advertised product weight for the battery pack alone.

Also, I've mentioned my issues with these built-in solar charger/battery packs in the past viewtopic.php?f=21&t=19403#p258288 Primarily:

• the solar panel is usually too small with too low an output to adequately and quickly charge the battery
  • The battery attached to the solar panel will get really hot during charging especially for a few hours in direct sunlight, and can lead to the battery shutting down and not charging

A better quality battery bank with more accurate advertised capacity, coupled with an external solar panel might be a better solution for a longer hike away from power source. There are newer higher efficiency panels which are lighter than the older mono crystalline panels.
keithy
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Other Country

Return to Techno-Babble