GARMIN 600T track save issue

For all high tech electronic equipment including GPS, PLB, chargers, phones, computers, software. Discussion of simple electrical devices such as torches, belongs in the main 'Equipment' forum.

GARMIN 600T track save issue

Postby Ellobuddha » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi,

Was out last weekend and could not get my Garmin to save my track data. Hit the little floopy disc "save" icon. It showed the saving percentage but only went to 2% and stopped. Tried numerous times with the same result. In hindsight I shoulve tried to save a waypoint or two to see if they worked.

It wasnt an issue on this trip but a bot concerning if I needed to backtrack with it.

I havent had a good muck around with it since but was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem

Taa
Paul
Ellobuddha
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: GARMIN 600T track save issue

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 4:31 pm

Not sure of your experience with these GPS units, but they have a lot of custom settings. Your scenario may happen with one single mis-setting. So I would suggest that you go through the menu very carefully and success can be verified with a quick walk around the block. Otherwise, you should also check and potentially update to the latest firmware version as well check in with all the fellow bug reporters on the following site.
http://garminoregon6xx.wikispaces.com/p ... sages/home

I have a O650 and it records track without problem. Although I did have to carefully work out how each setting affected the process.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby neilmny » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 5:27 pm

In the 600T manual you can save the whole track or a portion of the track, 2 different icons.

Heres the manual http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/Oregon_6xx_OM_EN.pdf
Look up saving the current track.
I don't own a 600T but I do own a Garmin and they can be a littlle bit confusing to use
but very good once you nut them out.

Another thought do you have a mSD card fitted the internal memory is only 300mb and I assume part of that is taken up by the topo maps that are installed.
neilmny
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby Ellobuddha » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 9:02 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I have saved tracks before no problems so Im not sure whats going on. From memory I put a large card (max size) into it and it saves tracks to that. Will have another play with it tomorrow. Just seemed strange - no doubt Im doing something 1. wrong 2. different
Ellobuddha
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Return to Techno-Babble