Tapatalk - do they actually care?

For all high tech electronic equipment including GPS, PLB, chargers, phones, computers, software. Discussion of simple electrical devices such as torches, belongs in the main 'Equipment' forum.

Tapatalk - do they actually care?

Postby Ent » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 12:34 am

I use an iPhone a lot to read the forum and it never ceases to amaze me how they can change things for the worse and push advertise. Growing tired of the pay more for a much better push adverting. And now a new interface arrived totally confusing me.

I suppose I will figure it out but it has been a bad week for me with computers having to reset my notebook and buy a standby replacement as my mega expensive Asus that never had a problem when I take it back fails yet again. I am now fighting Tobshia's bloatware with every second mouse click demanding that I install this or that and pay even more money.

I wonder if they really care about users?
"lt only took six years. From now on, l´ll write two letters a week instead of one."
(Shawshank Redemption)
Ent
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Tasmania

Re: Tapatalk - do they actually care?

Postby Son of a Beach » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 8:12 am

Have you tried using this site just through the normal iPhone browser recently? Matt and his team have done an excellent job of the mobile-friendly version of the GUI for this site. I have not used Tapatalk once since this site went mobile-friendly.

(Apparently some still prefer Tapatalk, so I guess it's still a matter of taste).
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 9:39 am

Silly me to buy v2 of Tapatalk just a week before they freely released v2 interface to v1 users. However, after withholding and observing the development/maturation of v2 for so long, I have to say that the new interface is quite decent and functional. True, the old v1 interface worked but this v2 interface is pretty nice too. True also that old timers will have to get to know the new interface, but hey, technology moves on and it ain't that hard to pick up.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: New South Wales

Postby Giddy_up » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 9:51 am

Son of a Beach wrote:Have you tried using this site just through the normal iPhone browser recently? Matt and his team have done an excellent job of the mobile-friendly version of the GUI for this site. I have not used Tapatalk once since this site went mobile-friendly.

(Apparently some still prefer Tapatalk, so I guess it's still a matter of taste).

I was unaware that this had occurred, thanks for the heads up SoB

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards"
causa latet, vis est notissima
Giddy_up
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Queensland

Postby ninjapuppet » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 9:52 am

Just got the latest tapatalk for the iPad and now I can't seem to copy and paste anymore, unless I reply with a quote and copy from there.

Very annoying if I'm wanting to get phone numbers emails etc...
ninjapuppet
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New Zealand

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 10:05 am

ninjapuppet wrote:Just got the latest tapatalk for the iPad and now I can't seem to copy and paste anymore, unless I reply with a quote and copy from there... Very annoying if I'm wanting to get phone numbers emails etc...

Not too bad. I think that was implemented to prevent accidentally selecting word/passages when flipping through screens. After all, users tend to flipping screens much more regularly than to copy numbers and emails. I dig it.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby Ent » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 1:52 pm

Not sure if I am seeing things right but you no longer appear to be able to identify threads you have read verses ones you have not on the latest participated tab.
"lt only took six years. From now on, l´ll write two letters a week instead of one."
(Shawshank Redemption)
Ent
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby GPSGuided » Thu 22 Aug, 2013 3:44 pm

No such problem here with Tapatalk v2 on iOS.
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Return to Techno-Babble