Text Anywhere - new satellite messenger

For all high tech electronic equipment including GPS, PLB, chargers, phones, computers, software. Discussion of simple electrical devices such as torches, belongs in the main 'Equipment' forum.

Text Anywhere - new satellite messenger

Postby LandSailor » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 2:00 pm

There is a new satellite messaging device available now from a Canadian company. It looks like a pretty basic device...it has no GPS tracking, no SOS alert function and its not waterproof. The subscription plan might appeal to some though depending on how you use it.

It costs $30 per month which has 100 msgs included and you only pay for the months you use it. You can drop back to $5 a month when not in use.

Text Anywhere

LandSailor
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Re: Text Anywhere - new satellite messenger

Postby GPSGuided » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 2:08 pm

Per previous discussions, I would hate to think what the Australian price will be. It always sucks. :(
Just move it!
GPSGuided
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby LandSailor » Tue 30 Jul, 2013 2:24 pm

GPSGuided wrote:Per previous discussions, I would hate to think what the Australian price will be. It always sucks. :(

Yeah agree...its all over the news at the moment. I think the technical term for it is called rent-seeking where rather than adding value they just restrict access to inflate prices.
I think the main point people are making is that companies have no problem off-shoring labour/production to wherever its cheapest but then, of course they get upset if people use the same approach to buying their product. So #$%#$% them!
LandSailor
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby perfectlydark » Wed 31 Jul, 2013 2:59 pm

Totally agree landsailer. I dont see how buying imported goods from local shops is what were supposed to do. Rather than buy same goods at half price and cut out the middleman
perfectlydark
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Return to Techno-Babble