Gear list software

For all high tech electronic equipment including GPS, PLB, chargers, phones, computers, software. Discussion of simple electrical devices such as torches, belongs in the main 'Equipment' forum.

Re: Gear list software

Postby photohiker » Tue 14 Jan, 2014 8:24 pm

Also, if you didn't want a separate gearlist per trip, just make one trip and edit it to suit. There is a 'Toggle Edit' button to touch where you can delete items from the trip gearlist.

The only thing it seems to miss is the ability to add a number of an item. If you want to carry say 2 pairs of socks, you have to add the socks twice.
Michael
photohiker
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby north-north-west » Mon 03 Feb, 2014 9:47 pm

photohiker wrote:
north-north-west wrote:The Gram Weenie I downloaded doesn't do that. You have to write up a new list every time you do a walk with a different combination of gear. You can't just enter it all in and then mix and match.
Is there some sort of super deluxe version I don't know about?

That's strange. The one I have (iPhone) I go to the main screen, touch the '+' and add and categorise items and weight until I run out of items to add. This is the master database. Then if I want to create a gearlist for a trip, I touch the 'Trips', then touch the '+' to add the new trip with name and date info then touch 'Save' to save the trip.

To add items to the trip, I touch the Trip name then touch the '+' to add items to the trip gearlist from the master list.

When finished, there is an opportunity to export as CSV for spreadsheet etc.

Works for me. :)

Belated, but thank you. I never worked out how to do that. Maybe I should have read the manual. Maybe they should supply a manual . . .
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
north-north-west
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Social Misfits Anonymous
Region: Tasmania

Postby photohiker » Tue 04 Feb, 2014 9:41 am

Agree it's not the most intuitive interface.

Seems like the programmer built the entry screens but forgot to build the top level interface.
Michael
photohiker
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Previous

Return to Techno-Babble