Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.

Forum rules

TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.
Post a reply

Question for the climbers. Which rope?

Tue 29 Mar, 2011 9:36 am

There seems to be a few climbers on here so thought I'd ask. My brother's birthday is coming up and he is a keen climber. He has been limited to indoor mostly so far because of his lack of equipment (poor uni student). So I thought we'd get him started with a rope and possibly a belay device. Question is: what type/diameter/length should I be getting as a good first all rounder? Any brands to steer clear of?
Post a reply