Nallo 2 inside - pictures please?

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Nallo 2 inside - pictures please?

Postby shazcol » Sun 17 Oct, 2010 4:13 pm

Looking at a Nallo 2 purchase, maybe Nallo 3 if it proves to small, want to stay with the 2 really if at all possible. Finding it very difficult to find any pictures or video of them with gear inside them. We have Exped 7 down mats and it looks Ok for fit with not to much to spare (width) but fine length wise. Nallo 2 also appeals as I can use as solo tent as well, all be it a little bit heavier than a dedicated solo tent but owning one expensive tent for now fits the budget better.

I am 183cm (6 foot) and wife 164cm and that seems fine from all the research so far although some talk of wet feet / bag for taller people than I? Also looked at the Exped Venus II but it seems a bit smaller inside and takes up a very large area with both vestibules, also heavier with more poles but it is free standing, large vestibules and side entry.

Don't want to start the age old 'what tent' argument again but would like people to post photo's or links to photo's showing the tents in real use. Plenty of pictures and video of the outside of the tent, gales blowing against them but very little of inside full of gear, packs in the vestibules or cooking in the vestibules etc.

You can post comments if you like that may be useful and not found in the hundreds of posts we have already trawled through but pictures inside or gear in the vestibule and real world use what we are interested in.
If common sense is so common, why don't you see more of it?
shazcol
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Tasmania

Re: Nallo 2 inside - pictures please?

Postby tasadam » Sun 17 Oct, 2010 5:45 pm

http://www.moontrail.com/hilleberg/hill ... -area.html

I am 176 cm and there is room for my camera equipment at my feet.
Hope that helps.
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: TasmaniART, Smitten Merino, Macpac

Postby juju » Wed 20 Oct, 2010 7:10 am

I love everything else about this tent, it's so much the design of my old pea pod and I have a Nallo 2 on the way. It's just a shame it doesn't have a two way zip on the inner (like my old tent), so it's easy to enter from either side, damn - it's so hard to get everything you want in a tent.
We'll get fit on the way.
juju
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby shazcol » Wed 20 Oct, 2010 7:22 am

Many many thanks to Brett who let us try his new Nallo 2 on the backyard lawn. Nothing like seeing one in the flesh and putting our mats (and us) inside it.

Have one on the way it's exactly what we wanted.
shazcol
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby tasadam » Wed 20 Oct, 2010 2:13 pm

juju wrote:I love everything else about this tent, it's so much the design of my old pea pod and I have a Nallo 2 on the way. It's just a shame it doesn't have a two way zip on the inner (like my old tent), so it's easy to enter from either side, damn - it's so hard to get everything you want in a tent.

I know what you mean, BUT... If you get into the habit of doing the zippers up so they always meet at the top, you always know exactly where to find them and you'll soon find out it doesn't matter any more.

Or if it still bothers you, I'm sure if you talked to Hilleberg & were prepared to send it to them, they'd sort that for you, at a price.
tasadam
Magnus administratio
Magnus administratio

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: TasmaniART, Smitten Merino, Macpac

Postby Franco » Wed 20 Oct, 2010 5:43 pm

Someone made a "gitzmo" that turns any zipper ribbon into a two way version.
Unfortunately I forgot to save a link to that but basically you just insert it into the zip and you have another slider . It came out a year or two ago but never seen it talked about again.
Franco
Franco
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Region: Victoria

Postby juju » Fri 22 Oct, 2010 10:00 pm

Got my Nallo 2 today from the post office and had to go straight to the park and put it up.
It does have a two way double zip, just doesn't look like it in the pics with the D opening that it has it has.
Beautiful big seamless bucket that is a little tricky to jump over to get in the tent, more roomy for legs than my pea, more ventilation when you want it with the tail flap zip on the rear of the fly, the hooped vent over the front door of the fly and a rear window in the tent inner. My pea has better rain cover when using the central front section of the fly to get in and out, it's soooo light.
We'll get fit on the way.
juju
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby shazcol » Wed 27 Oct, 2010 7:44 pm

Our Nallo 2 arrived a couple of days ago. We timed things just right happen to get an excellent conversion rate that pleased us. We are extremely happy with it so far from the testing on the lawn. The amount of room is just right as I can sit up inside Ok and the vestibule has heaps of room with packs and other gear in it and still room to get in and out easily. Nice to see a two person tent that actually holds two normal size people. It is going to pour with rain all weekend so we may not get to try it for real till another weekend.

I thought I would post some pics that others may find useful as we found it difficult to find on the WEB any pics with 'real world' equipment in the Nallo 2.

The two Exped 7 mats are both 183cmx52cm, two packs on top of each other (70L & 65L) in the vestibule and size 10 shoes for a size comparison. The striped shirt model is 183cm and the black shirt model 164cm tall.

Exped7Mats.jpg
Two 183cmx52cm Exped 7 mats in Nallo 2.
Exped7Mats.jpg (26.05 KiB) Viewed 4314 times

6FootModel.jpg
183cm model in Nallo 2.
6FootModel.jpg (42.33 KiB) Viewed 4314 times

Vestibule.jpg
Vestibule with gear from outside - Nallo 2.
Vestibule.jpg (55.53 KiB) Viewed 4314 times

VestibuleInside.jpg
Vestibule with gear from inside - Nallo 2.
VestibuleInside.jpg (34.29 KiB) Viewed 4314 times
shazcol
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Son of a Beach » Thu 28 Oct, 2010 10:41 am

Excellent photos. Very helpful.

Is there any room at all between either end of the mats and the ends of the tent? From that first picture it doesn't look like it, but it's not clear.
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)

Postby shazcol » Thu 28 Oct, 2010 11:05 am

There is room between the mat ends and the rear of the tent. Not a lot but enough to put some items in like camera gear, clothes etc. The amount depends on how far the mats are moved towards the front of the tent. There was also a small amount of room at the front of the mats as I had them about centred in the available area in the picture posted. The tent tends to narrow up a bit at the back. I'll be able to tell better once we get out and use it properly.
shazcol
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Son of a Beach » Thu 28 Oct, 2010 11:33 am

Thanks for that additional info. They're long mats, so that sounds OK.
Son of a Beach
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Bit Map (NIXANZ)

Return to Equipment