4 Season 1 man tent.

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Re: 4 Season 1 man tent.

Postby tele-whippet » Sat 09 Oct, 2010 5:07 pm

richie wrote:Tele-whippet, how does the Betamid go, and what are the modifications you made? I'm interested in how one would go for 1-2 for all round use.

I've added snow flaps aound the entire base off the tarp so spin drift can't blow in and in blizzard conditions you can anchor the tent down with snow over the flaps making it pretty bomb proof.
In fair weather you can raise the tarp for better ventilation.
I use 3 configurations, tarp and bivvy sac , tarp and tub floor or tub and betabug interior for summer in insect or leech areas.
Camped on Club Lake Creek
Dawn below Mt Jagungal
Its great to quickly pitch the tarp for stormy pit stops during the day too.
tele-whippet
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Previous

Return to Equipment