Moonlite Elite Reclining Backpack Chair

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Moonlite Elite Reclining Backpack Chair

Postby Aushiker » Tue 27 Feb, 2024 10:14 am

Hi

Just curious but has anyone used or tried one of the Nemo Moonlite Elite Reclining backpack chairs? Not sure I am ready to go to that stage of life but ...

Andrew
Aushiker
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: Western Australia

Re: Moonlite Elite Reclining Backpack Chair

Postby Dexter » Tue 27 Feb, 2024 10:50 am

I saw Dan do a comparison against the Chair Zero. I have one of those and didn't think it looked significant enough improvement to bother changing / upgrading. But I guess if you have no chair and considering the weight penalty, it seems a decent option.
Dexter
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Postby Biggles » Sat 02 Mar, 2024 5:57 pm

I am surprised by a few of the overly elaborate chairs that people cart along at around a 2 to 3kg weight penalty!
The fly-weight Helinox Chair Zero may be all you need considering it's simplicity, speed of assembly and disassembly and robustness; like the one you have pictured, a sand/dirt stabiliser mat is also available.

This Nemo thing doesn't strike me as being particularly comfortable with those string-like "arm rests".
“Is é comhrá faoin aimsir an tearmann deiridh ag an duine gan samhlaíocht.”
—Oscar Wilde, 1890.
Biggles
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby Dexter » Sun 03 Mar, 2024 3:17 pm

They are supposed to be less an arm rest and more adjustable angle for the back rest. It seems like a hiking evolution of Nemo's stargazer recliner.
From reviews I've seen it's a better made and comfier chair than the Helinox. Having said that, I've never found the chair zero uncomfortable, so no plans here to 'upgrade' here.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Dexter
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Postby LanceC » Tue 05 Mar, 2024 6:50 am

I have the standard Moonlight, not the Ultra model, which appears to be the same geometry with lighter components.

I find it exceptionally comfortable. The thing that always frustrated me with the Helinox Zero was that when sitting back in the chair, I had to always have my legs stretched out in front of me, least I tip over backwards. The Moonlight's changeable geometry allows me to sit upright or reclined and be well supported without any pressure points.

For lack of a better description, I feel like I'm enveloped in the Moonlight. We gave our adult kids their own Moonlight's for Christmas last year. Between the five of us with varying weights and body shapes, everyone is smitten.
LanceC
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Tasmania

Postby Tortoise » Tue 05 Mar, 2024 12:52 pm

Thanks for your input, Lance.
When you say you have the standard Moonlight, do you mean the "Moonlite™ Reclining Camp Chair"
Tortoise
Lagarostrobos franklinii
Lagarostrobos franklinii

Postby LanceC » Tue 05 Mar, 2024 1:08 pm

That's correct, we have the "Moonlite™ Reclining Camp Chair".
LanceC
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Return to Equipment