Aarn sports balance bags - which way do the wires go?

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Aarn sports balance bags - which way do the wires go?

Postby Joynz » Mon 29 Jun, 2020 4:49 pm

image.jpg
I took the wires out of my two Aarn sports balance pockets and now they don’t seem to fit!

The wires each have a flat bit on the top, with a bend on one side and a curled end on the other.

For the left balance pocket (looking at it when the pack is being worn - which is how they are shown in the photo) which side does the bend in the wire go - pointing to the centre or pointing to the left? Is it the opposite for the right-hand one?
Joynz
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Re: Aarn sports balance bags - which way do the wires go?

Postby Rai » Mon 29 Jun, 2020 7:13 pm

Hi, the wires in my sports balance pockets go exactly as you have pictured. The v-shaped bend points to the left or right of the body, not the centre. The wires are bent slightly so that the pockets bulge a little and create an air gap rather than sitting flush on the chest.
Rai
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

Region: Tasmania

Re: Aarn sports balance bags - which way do the wires go?

Postby Joynz » Mon 29 Jun, 2020 7:25 pm

Thank you.

Looking at the faint lines (which I’ve just noticed) where the wires used to be, I suspect mine were lined up with both bends pointing to the left - rather than each one pointing to the outside...
Joynz
Athrotaxis cupressoides
Athrotaxis cupressoides

Region: Victoria

Return to Equipment