Coopex Permethrin from Bunnings 25g Pack

Bushwalking gear and paraphernalia. Electronic gadget topics (inc. GPS, PLB, chargers) belong in the 'Techno Babble' sub-forum.
Forum rules
TIP: The online Bushwalk Inventory System can help bushwalkers with a variety of bushwalk planning tasks, including: Manage which items they take bushwalking so that they do not forget anything they might need, plan meals for their walks, and automatically compile food/fuel shopping lists (lists of consumables) required to make and cook the meals for each walk. It is particularly useful for planning for groups who share food or other items, but is also useful for individual walkers.

Coopex Permethrin from Bunnings 25g Pack

Postby Dread » Fri 19 Jun, 2020 4:58 pm

Hi Guys,

Looking to treat my new Lanshan 2 with Permethrin. The only kind I could find was a 25g pack from Bunnings you need to dilute with water and spray.

Has anyone had experience with this one? Is it suitable for spraying on tents? What ratio are you diluting it with water? The pack says 25g to 2.5L of water but I'm thinking this might be a bit too harsh and to dilute it further maybe. Or is there something better around?

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated ;)

Cheers
Dread
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Re: Coopex Permethrin from Bunnings 25g Pack

Postby Neo » Fri 19 Jun, 2020 11:16 pm

Sounds like overkill to me. What kind of critters are you hoping to expel?
Some Off! or odourless Aeroguard (both picaradin not DEET) on you or the doorway may be enough.
Neo
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: New South Wales

Postby stry » Sat 20 Jun, 2020 9:40 am

Sawyers might be worth a look. Much simpler to use. May be dearer.
stry
Athrotaxis selaginoides
Athrotaxis selaginoides

Region: Victoria

Postby johnrs » Sun 21 Jun, 2020 11:12 pm

Hi Dread
I took a packet of Coopex to Nepal as part of a group first aid kit for scabies and bedbug infested sleeping bags.
Much lighter than the prediluted stuff.
Lyclear which is fine for kids bodies is 5% permethrin so you could make 500mls from a single pack of Coopex.
John
johnrs
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: New South Wales

Return to Equipment